Friends of Noosa Library
The Friends of Noosa Library officially commenced in late 2011, although the Library had a fairly substantial number of volunteers before that date. There is an informal, friendly get-together held on the first Thursday of each month from 9.30 am to 11.00 am. All Friends of Noosa Library and members of the general public are welcome to attend. The meetings are a good way to find out what is happening and meet library staff.
The Friends of Noosa Library group supports the library staff in a number of initiatives, including:
- reading groups (reading to people in nursing homes)
- home delivery service (selecting and delivering books to nursing homes and housebound individuals)
- literacy tutoring
- heritage/local studies/genealogy
- social events, fundraising, upcoming events
- book sales
- tax help and computer help.
If you have a question or would like to join the vibrant new friends group, just email
and a member of the Steering Committee will contact you.
You can also find out more about the Friends of Noosa Library by talking with the staff at Noosa Library.