Start Your Own Book Club
Gather a few friends
- Friends, neighbours and workmates are the best place to start. An optimum group size is around 8 members.
- Nominate a book blub coordinator and choose a name for your book club.
- $100 per club.
- Fill in a membership form at your local library or download, fill in and return either in person or scan and email.
- Pay a single payment on behalf of the entire book club ($100 per club per year) regardless of when you join.
- Your group will then be issued with a book club library card.
Decide on meeting time and location
- Select a regular monthly date to make scheduling easier ie the first Thursday of the month.
- Meet regularly, usually once a month, in members’ homes, cafes or other places.
Choose which book to read
Collect your books
- The book club set will be transferred to the library of your choice, ready for collection and you will be notified when it has arrived.
- Book club sets can be borrowed for six weeks and book clubs can briefly have two sets on loan at the same time, to allow you to borrow the next title to be discussed, before your meeting. Then, at the meeting, members can swap the title they have just read for a copy of the next title.